What we are looking for in our trustees:
· Attending an evening meeting, approximately seven per year.
· Helping out during open mornings (two per year).
· Volunteering to do some work to move us forward as a learning community (1-2 hours per week).
In the meetings:
· Promoting and developing the charity to help it to grow and maintain its founding principles and purpose.
· Developing the charity’s strategic direction through good governance and clear strategic planning.
· Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the organisation’s objectives, standards and policies.
· Ensuring that the organisation functions in line with its governing document and within the legal and regulatory framework governing Charities.
Please send your CV with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hebden Bridge School is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The school welcomes applications from everyone irrespective of mobility, gender and ethnic group. We would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone and is subject to the receipt of suitable references.
Hebden Bridge school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service/about