International Summer Camp 2019
International Summer Camp
Together with you we want to create this moment in time and space
where young people can share
values and experiences
while working creatively together
in an atmosphere of freedom and respect.
Barcelona! We are still looking for a place, we hope we find something near the beach 🙂
Tuesday July 16th to Tuesday July 23rd 2019
25-30 students from all over Europe and 4 adults.
How will we do it?
- together and democratically
- you bring and share your ideas and skills
- we will pre-organise some activities but you will also have plenty of time to just do what comes out of the moment
- together we will do the cooking and take care of the house
- you will be looking after yourself and taking care of others
- English will be the main language
What happens during the day?
- communal start of the day at 10:00 am sharing the plans for the day and discussing practical issues
- if you want to start the day by being mindful, join the yoga and meditation at 9:15 am or go walking in the hills
- activities organized by the students
- loads of time to socialize, talk, play games, sit around the fire, go on a hike
- preparing meals and cleaning up together
Are there any day trips?
Of course! We want to organise a group activity every other day. Some suggestions are below:
One day of outdoor activities to get to know each other better in challenging circumstances. When filling out the registration form you can let us know which activities you think serves this purpose best. For instance archery, canoeing/kayaking, climbing/abseiling, caving, canyoning raft building, mountain biking or hiking.
One day trip to Barcelona where students can choose their own programme from the La Sargrada Familia, Parc Guell, shopping, cafes, or whatever else takes they fancy.
How do I get there?
Information about the location and how to get there will come.
What is the cost?
We're going for a maximum of €400, this includes all accommodation food and excursions during the camp.
(Travel insurance is not included in the price, students are recommended to have their own)
To register* you need to fill out the form by clicking here
*Registration is not complete until the full amount is paid. Please put the student's name on the reference with sumcamp.
This can be done by paypal:
If you’d like to hear more about our International Summer School, email us at democraticsummercamp@gmail with your ideas or post them on our facebook page
If you still have questions please let us know: