International Democratic Summer Camp 2018
A fantastic new concept in English Language summer schools providing mindful, creative, democratic education to young people from all over the world.
We are currently planning our 2018 summer school and we’d like to know what you would like in your ideal summer school!
Here are some of our ideas:
- Democratic running of the summer school by students and teachers. Learn more.
- Improve your English through learning about science, humanities and art in an interconnected, experiential way. Learn more.
- Practise yoga and meditation to help you become healthier, more self-aware and improve your capcity for learning. Learn more.
- Fun and challenging team building adventure activities spread over a weekend in the Lake District.
- Trips to Liverpool and Manchester (music, art, history, football, shopping).
- Write your own play and perform it to an audience of local people.
- Sing together with other people in a choir.
- Do research interviewing local people.
- Homestays with British families in the beautiful market town of Hebden Bridge in the heart of the Yorkshire Pennines.
We’d also like to hear your ideas! What would you like to learn? And how would you like to learn? Where would you like to stay? What time should we begin in the morning? What trips would you like to go on? How would you like to travel?